Monday, August 3, 2020

Celebrate Sunflowers Class Projects


Even though the kids will be back in school soon, it is still feels like we are deep in summer. Personally, I am savoring the last few days (for me) and weeks (for the kids) of summer vacation. These projects were the first thing I wanted to create when the new catalog was released. To me, these sunflowers were screaming summer. I loved stamp sets that feature a large stamp or image that make it easy to create beautiful cards with minimal effort. 

These were some fun summer projects that I created for a Stampin' Bingo I hosted online late June. My class featured a class price and materials all cut up and prepared for everyone shipped to their home. Then we all gathered online at a set date/time and created the projects together. For this class we also played bingo, so that was extra fun! I have missed my live class gatherings so online is the next best thing. 

Would you like participate in a stamp class with your friends? Contact me and I can create this class for you or another in a theme of your choice. 

Project Details:
I wanted to feature one stamp set, that you could make several projects with minimal materials. These projects feature 
  • Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle (stamps and dies) - 154065 - $51.25
  • 2020–2022 In Color 6" X 6" designer series paper - 153070- $11.50
  • Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad - 147114- $7.50
  • Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends Combo Pack - 154883- $9.00
CELEBRATE SUNFLOWERS BUNDLE (ENGLISH)
The cardstock colors used in the cards are Bumble Bee, Daffodil Delight, Just Jade, Early Espresso, Bashful Blue, Misty Moonlight. 



In this project (above), I stamped the sunflowers in early espresso and colored in the sunflowers with the blender pens. I am not great at the shading, so I stick to just one shade at a time!


This one featured the classic sunflower colors. For the flower I used Bumble Bee for the outer flower and Daffodil Delight for the back piece. I also stepped up the card base by texturing with an embossing folder.


This one was my favorite. I stamped the small sunflower image on a scrap paper and cut it out. I don't mind a little cutting! Then I layered it with a little dsp (designer series paper) and added my favorite linen thread. I go through packages of this stuff and add it to I would say half of my projects.


This could easily be a one layer card if you want to omit the linen thread.  That was my intention, but then I messed up on the greeting, so I added a greeting on dimensionals to hide it. 


Now this was my favorite! I love the misty moonlight and bumble bee color combination. I realize that sunflowers are not usually blue, but I love the way it looks! 

To order these products, go to mayramt.stampinup.net or contact me with questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment