Monday, August 3, 2020

A Little Something with Fancy Phrases



I think this has got to be my favorite layout. A simple card with dsp (designer series paper) on one half and a greeting popped up cut with circle dies and a little scallop circle in the back. In fact, when looking at stamp sets I am often looking for greetings that will fit in circles! In fact to be honest, I liked this stamp set - Fancy Phrases- for the greetings. I didn't care for the floral image at first. However I found that it was perfect for a background stamp. 

Project Tips:
I wanted a monochromatic look for this card. So I first started by finding some designer series paper (dsp) in the color I wanted (and that matched cardstock I had). This piece is from the 
Playing With Patterns 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 Cm) Designer Series Paper 152490 ($11.50)

PLAYING WITH PATTERNS 6" X 6" (15.2 X 15.2 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER

To get the background, I stamped the same color of ink as the paper. This creates a watermark look, but a little darker than watermark. For this card I used Calypso Coral ink and cardstock. Then I found circles and scallops that fit my greeting using the 
Circles Dies $35.00 (151770)

LAYERING CIRCLES DIES


Let me know what you think of this project! To order products, go to mayramt.stampinup.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment