Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Joy in Simple Scrapbooking

I first fell in love with paper crafts with Scrapbooking.  I truly enjoyed spending hours on a layout and enjoying the creative process.  Fast forward 15 years, I have 3 kids, a husband, a business, a job and other daily tasks.  My days of spending hours on one single layout are over!

Here is my reality.  I love taking photos and putting them in pretty pages.  I mean look at this cute photo!  It needs a pretty page, right?!


My girls love to look at their scrapbooks and feel the love I put into them, even my littlest one. Seriously, she never sits still....but she will if she is looking at these scrapbooks!



I want to preserve beautiful photos like one of my favorites here, but in a fraction of the time.  So, I have made it my mission to Scrapbook more.  In my local Stamp Club, I have incorporated a monthly layout into our projects.  The girls love it, and it gives me an excuse to scrapbook!  Here are a couple of layouts we have done this year:



Depending on your scrapbooking skill or interest level, you may or may not think these are simple.  For me the Sunshine Layout is a little simpler in the sense that I followed my own layout formula: Title + Border (designer series paper strips) + Matching Cardstock mattes + A few stamps!  I try not too spend too much time and just these key elements in most of my pages.  Oh, plus a place to journal too!

Like these projects?!  Some of the products I used are listed below.  I always use only Stampin' Up! products, which you can buy at my store HERE.  Or here are two other ways you can make these pages:

  • Register by 3/18 to  Creative Escape day and pick a layout above to make.  What's Creative Escape? We have rented a church gym in Sacramento/Elk Grove area to have an all day Crafting Day on 4/22.  Ask me for details! It's a chance to come, relax, work on projects ( a few make and takes we provide and bring your own!).   If you are in my club, I will take you a surprise layout, you haven't done!  Register yourself and a friend and you can make both layouts.  This offer is good for the first 8 people who register (while supplies last).
  • Sign up for my club!  We make a 2 page layout each month!  You will make similar pages each month. 
So, I realize that traditional scrapbooking is not for everyone!  Stay tuned next week for more ways to preserve your photos, still cute, but faster and easier!

Products used in the Sunshine Layout:

Products used for the Love Layout:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment