Saturday, August 10, 2019

School Memory Pages & Back to School Cards


It's officially back to school time. We are busy this weekend looking for backpacks, tennis shoes and the perfect back to school outfits. Secretly, I love it because I remember how exciting it was for me. On the other side, the back to school 'to-do's' have been so much more complicated than I remember. I find myself looking for the best deals to save on the LONG school supplies items I have to get for my THREE girls. 

In between the hustle and busyness, I have been trying to work on the girls school memory books. For my older girls, I have skeleton books started and have to finish some grades and add some more photos. But for my little one, I am starting from scratch. Last year she started preschool. It was a trying year. She was a very good student, but really wanted to stay home with mami. This year, she is excited about school Thank goodness!! 

I have been looking for ideas on themes and products for my little ones book. The stuff I used for the older girls is 'retired' and no longer available. I was thrilled when I opened up the new Stampin' Up! catalog in June and found this stamp set. I thought, this is perfect for my new memory book!  I like using traditional colors in school books. For this one I used Real Red, Night of Navy, Smokey Slate, and Daffodil Delight. I loved the way it turned out!

Memory Book Tips: 
Making any scrapbook can be a big task. To simplify I try to come up with one layout and repeat it for each grade. So you can bet I'll be making a stack of each element on the page above to have for grades kinder to sixth.

I also made a couple of Back to School cards to give to my girls and others starting a new school year. I love the owl and the library card images. Did you use library cards in school? I asked my girls if they do and they were very confused. lol


Have a great back to school week (at least here in CA). I will miss the late nights and no homework nights. At least I have holiday crafts to keep me happy and busy. Join me live at facebook.com/mayra stamps on Wednesday 8/14 to get a sneak peak at some holiday products.

Here are some of the items I used on the Scrapbook Page above:

No comments:

Post a Comment