Monday, March 11, 2019

Some much needed Color Therapy


Today is my birthday.  This year I am doing something pretty rare and unusual for me.  I am taking a day off. Now, I've taken plenty of days off before.  However, today my plan is to really be off.  I am staying home today and doing nothing but things that I enjoy.  I made sure to tidy up yesterday so that today I could just relax, stamp, scrapbook and catch up on some movies or new netflix shows. I guess it sounds pretty simple, but I think a lot of us can relate to not taking much time for ourselves. So Starbucks in hand, I am looking forward to today ;)

Now although a day off is a luxury I don't usually take, I do make it a point to have some fun, girl time every month.  When my second daughter was 1, I realized that I needed an outlet.  I wanted to do something that was fun and relaxing.  That is when I discovered Stampin' Up! A friend of mine was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator and I decided to buy the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit so that I could get a discount on stamps.  That was my only intention with SU. But then I had some friends over to make cards and had the best time.  Even my friend Sarah that was very clear in saying, "I don't like this stuff, but I am here for you, " had a great time.  It was so much fun to chat, have some snacks and make pretty things.  I then created a Stamp Club where a group of us would meet monthly.  I prepare our projects, they bring the food.  We all looked forward to it every month. In fact, we call it stamp therapy.  I truly feel that the monthly gathering is good for the soul and a nice recharge. Fast forward, 10 years later, I still host the same monthly club and I added an extra monthly class. 

Last month, we had a little color therapy in our club projects.  I never used to enjoy coloring, but lately, I love it! At club, it was so relaxing to color.  I also prepped some extra pieces so last Friday at our Sip and Stamp class, I was coloring away making extra sets. I now understand all of the adult coloring books I have been seeing.  Now, while that is a bit too much coloring for me.  This Birthday Statements is perfect for me. I can easily stamp the image and color.  I fancied up the cardstock with some embossing folders, but even with out it it looked great.  


I used stampin write markers with this card (above).  I think that was my favorite. 

This one I did with watercolor pencils.  

So if you are looking for a fun and easy way to make cards, or spend some much needed girl time with fun projects, these are perfect. Below you can see the materials I used, or you can modify with what you have or your own favorite colors. 

If you'd like to learn more about the Starter Kit, click HERE.  It is a no obligation, way to get lots of products, and enjoy a stampin' up! discount.  Now until March 31st, the Starter Kit includes more products for the same flat rate and even a travel bag option. 

If you'd like to host your own stamp class or have me prep a TO GO class for you and some friends, email me at mayramt @hotmail.com (no space).  

Okay, off to enjoy the rest of my day!  

- Mayra

Products used in the projects above:

No comments:

Post a Comment