Sunday, May 6, 2018

Dressing up a baked treat box with designer series paper



Dress up a baked goods box with one sheet of paper!

Tomorrow is Teacher Appreciation Week.  I like to do a little something homemade or edible, to go along with a more practical gift....gift cards.  It's my way of doing a good balance between something thoughtful and something everyone likes (to pick their own gift!).

At my last Stamp Club, our hostess brought a coffee cake from Ettore's (Lemon Poppyseed and Blueberry).  It was AMAZING!  She bought it at the local Nugget.  So I decided to go and get something similar to add to our teacher gifts.   Now while I think the yummy treats are great, I wanted to dress up the box to make it a little cuter.  So I took a piece of designer series paper that matched the cards and notebooks we had done and did a little measuring.  It was pretty simple and fast to get a lid together.

Here is what I did. 
  • I measured my box and added 2 inches to all sides to see how much paper I needed. 
  • So my 7x7 box needed a 11x11 sheet of paper. 
  • Then I scored all sides by 1 7/8''.  Scoring by a little less than the 2'' gave me a little wiggle room to make sure the box lid slid on and off easily. 
  • Then I folded all side and cut like the picture below.
  • Add a little glue and your done!

Give it a try!  Feel free to ask me if you need more clarification.

 

Sip & Stamp, this Friday, May 11th! Want to join us?


Let’s stamp and enjoy a yummy treat.   Each person will make and take 8 cards, 2 of 4 designs, using the latest Stampin' Up! products and techniques. Adults only please      

When: Friday, May 11th - 5:30-8:00 ish (can't come at 5:30, start at 6:00!)
Where: Corner Bakery Café in Elk Grove, CA
Cost: $20 or free with a min. $30 SU order- Food purchase also required (minimum $5)
 
Space is limited! RSVP by Wednesday HERE.
Register a new friend and get a free gift!
 

Other upcoming events:

Sip & Stamp: 6/8
Sip & Stamp: 8/10
Sip & Stamp: 9/7
Sip & Stamp: 10/5
Sip & Stamp: 11/2
Sip & Stamp: 12/7

No comments:

Post a Comment