Saturday, February 6, 2016

3 Quick and Cute Valentine Treats

Valentine's Day is around the corner and these days it's a much bigger deal than I remember when I was growing up! I think for couples it remains the same. However, Valentines Day for kids is at a whole new level! At my kids school, no one gives the simple tear off cards I remember. Now it's full on Pinterest copy cat projects, goodie bags, or at the very minimum a candy taped to the card! Lol

As extreme as I think it is....it is also in good fun, and of course I am one of those moms too!! Lol I love to make 3d gifty items, so any excuse works for me!

Here are a few quick projects you can make this week:

This is a ghiradelli candy holder. It's super easy to make. Take some card stock or designer series paper, cut at 6x3 and score at long side at 2 3/4 and 3 1/4. Embellish with ribbon and some stamps and your done! 

Cello bags with a cute topper are also super cute and easy! This is one of Stampin' Up!'s 4x6 cello bags with an inch cut off the top. For the topper you can use any decorative shape. I used SU's deco label framelits (the largest size). Added some ribbon and a stamped and punched image from stamp set Groovy Love and done! Oh, don't forget the raffia to help fill your bag! Lol

Lastly, this is my go to easy treat. It's called a cottage cheese container. It's super easy to make. Take DSP in a 4x6 size or any other rectangle size. Glue it together to make the shape of a tube. I use SU's tear tape because it is stronger than regular adhesive. Glue your bottom, add your goodies, then glue the top to shape a cottage cheese container. Embellish and your done! 

I love to hear about your projects! What are you making for valentines Day!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment